The Monkees Mailing List is a privately owned and operated mailing list.
By subscribing, you agree to abide by the list rules and adhere to Yahoogroups TOS and the
laws in all possible presiding jurisdictions, at all times. These rules are necessary to protect
the free and easy flow of on-topic conversation and are subject to change without notice.
This website will always have the most current copy of the list rules.|
- New listers will be subbed without posting priveleges
(without voice) for the first two weeks. This probationary
period weeds out commercial spam and functions as a "trial
membership" that allows newbies a chance to
acquaint themselves with the rules and forum prior to joining
the conversations in progress. Voices are set manually by the
mod staff, if you do not receive posting
priveleges after two weeks or you are a returning lister,
please e-mail the list owner for voice.
NOTE: DUE TO THE UNETHICAL ACTIONS OF AN AGGRESSIVE
SPAMMER WHO HAS SUBBED UNDER MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS, NO NEW
SUBSCRIPTIONS WILL BE VOICED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE CREATED BY THIS PERSON.
- This list is for mature, intelligent discussion of the Monkees and
closely related topics. Conversation may, at times, be harshly critical
of the Monkees' work or involve passionate but friendly debates and disagreements.
The recommended age for this list is 18+, this implies behavioral
age, not necessarily chronological age and mature minors are welcome.
Any lister, regardless of age, who behaves or reacts in
a childish manner will be removed from the list.
- Limit your posts to three or fewer per day. Match your subject line
to the content of the post. If you have replies to comments in several
posts, you can adhere to the 3 post/day limit by batching these
replies into a single post.
- No extra long messages (over 8K) without prior permission from the
listowner and/or moderators (exception: Reviews.) Keep sig files short or turn them off.
Attachments are not allowed and are stripped from posts, automatically, by Yahoogroups.
- DO NOT quote entire posts to reply to one comment or
reply with no reference to the original. Let us
know exactly what part of whose post you are answering.
Sign every post with your name or online nick.
- This is a text-only (print) medium. Posts must be as uncluttered and literate
as any other print medium (books, newspapers, etc.) Use spell check, if you need it.
Plain black text, only! No "yearbook-speak" ("UR2good2B4gotN,") scripts,
binary, hex, HTML etc.
No ALL-CAPS posts, scrolling posts, etc. If you use divider lines in your post, each
divider should be simple (dashes work well,) no longer than necessary and preceded
& followed by a blank line.
- No on-list asking for or advertising of dupes of material still (or soon to
be) available at retail. Trade or (not-for-profit) for-sale lists are not to be posted
on a regular basis and may contain no more
than three items - ask listers to
follow a URL or e-mail you privately for a copy of your full list.
If you intend to post your offer more than one time, please contact
the mod staff to request permissions and guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE BEEN SUBSCRIBED FOR AT
LEAST ONE YEAR AND HAVE PARTICIPATED, REGULARLY, IN OUR
ON-TOPIC DISCUSSIONS MAY POST ANY FOR SALE or TRADE OFFERS.
- No posting private mail from other listers (or anyone else) w/o
- Please refrain from including Monkees-list@yahoogroups in crossposts. A "Crosspost" is an e-mail
or post with more than one address in the "To" and/or "CC" fields. The only exception is the
regular crossposting of Monkees news, alerts and concert reviews to both this list
and Brad's Monkees Alert List. Note: We cannot enforce, in regards
to any crosspost, those of our rules which would otherwise protect your privacy and/or your copyrights to that
- No publishing list posts on web or elsewhere w/o permission of the
original author(s) of the text contained there-in, this includes public
archiving. Private archives are available to subscribers on the list
manager page. Each lister retains copyright to his/her posts.
- Personal problems with listers belong in private mail. No flaming
or flame-baiting. No trolling. No volatile topics
(politics, religion, substance abuse, old flame wars, etc.)
- No posting any Monkee's private e-mail or home address/phone info
(OR how to get this information) w/o permission from that Monkee AND the
listowner. Do not address your posts to the individual Monkees,
they are not subscribers and will not see your message.
- No spamming, no profiteering -- No commercial ads, auction ads, ads for other
forums, etc. and no general interest (hoaxes, mail everybody you can, etc.)forwards.
WE DO NOT SUPPLY FREE ADVERTISING.
The posting of affiliate links (even in sig files) is a privelege reserved to
the mod staff. Special permission or paid advertising space for Monkees & related ads
may be granted by the listowner upon private mail request.
Virus warnings are allowed only when it is possible for the virus to spread via
this list and the post includes proof that the virus is real.
- Attempts to defraud listers, in any way, will meet with immediate
kick and permanent ban.
- This is a MONKEES list. Posts are to remain on topic within our Mission Statement
and the guidelines listed below.
- Absolutely no fanfic or round robins.
- Listfic and clubhouse references should be used in purposeful
context and kept to a bare minimum. Original *stand-alone* humor pieces
(parodies, etc.) should originate only from the current threads and also
be kept to a bare minimum. These things can enhance our discussions, but
should not dominate our discussions.
- No Blogs! Personal content should be limited to the information you might
include in an introduction, mentions of RL milestone events such as
weddings, births or birthdays, descriptions of lister meets/gatherings at Monkee
events and (just enough) background information to illustrate a point in
the context of an on-topic discussion.
- This is not an appropriate forum for "<monkee> is soooo cute"
or "I want to marry <monkee>" discussion, sometimes
referred to as "Oooh Davy," content. While their teen idol appeal
is/was a huge part of the Monkees phenomenon, it is not the focus of this particular
forum's discussions. Additionally, we ask that
listers not gossip about the private lives of the Monkees beyond discussion
of that which is public knowledge in the mainstream.
- No adult-only content and no advertising of links or addresses which
will provide a path to adult-only material, even in headers and sig files.
Violation will result in immediate kick and permanent ban.
- The list owner and/or moderator(s) reserve the right to ask that any
topic or thread be moved off list. If you
create a new list, for continuation of such a topic, you may post
one invitation for other listers to join it.
- Discussion about the list, itself, is off-topic.
Comments, questions and complaints about the list,
rules and/or the operation of the list will be directed by private mail to the
mod staff and will not be addressed to the list at large. Do not post
unsubscription requests to the list - unsubscription information is
included in the headers of every e-mail you receive from Monkees-list.
(See "Unsubscription" section for more information.
- It is recommended (NOT REQUIRED) that listers also join the Monkees
announce list, which sends its subscribers the lastest news about the
Monkees. Monkee Alert is hosted by Brad Waddell (founder and previous owner of this list)
Click here to subscribe
Abuse of the Monkees Mailing List forum or use of the Monkees Maling List forum to abuse others
will not be tolerated. Violations will result in permanent ban.
Examples of Abuse Policy Violations include but are not limited to:
- Using the list to abuse, harass, threaten, stalk, advertise to, study, defame,
libel, collect or disseminate private information about, attempt to harm,
annoy or frighten or to commit any actionable offense against any member(s)
- Abusing, harassing, threatening, defaming, libeling, flaming, stalking, attempting
or threatening to harm in any way, collecting or disseminating private information
about or committing any actionable offense against the list, the listowner and/or a mod, or
enlisting another person(s) to do so, whether this is done on-list or off.
Failure to follow these rules will usually result in one of three things:
- A warning
- A loss of posting priveleges for two weeks
This is at the discretion of the listowner and/or moderators. For more information about
your subscription, banned accounts, trouble-shooting any problems with your subscription, tips
for text-based communications or if you'd like to learn about special features available to
Monkees-list members, please visit our